This is identical to the text in the email sent to Camp Parents last week:
Summer Day Camp at Cityview Church is almost here and we're so excited that your child will be joining us for all the fun! Here are a few reminders you will want to keep in mind.
Dates: July 22 - 26, 2019
Time: 9:30 am - 3:00 pm daily (Note change of ending time)
Where: Cityview Church
1. Drop off/Pick up Procedures: You will need to sign your child in and out of camp each day. You will also receive a pick up pass that MUST BE PRESENTED at the end of the day in order to retrieve your child. Please make arrangements for this if your pass will need to be transferred from one person to another. This is for your child's safety. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
2. Children should bring a lunch to camp each day. Please be sure to clearly write your child's name on his/her lunch bag or box. If possible, please use smaller lunch boxes/bags rather than larger backpacks.
3. We are a nut free/peanut free environment. Please do not send anything containing tree nuts or peanuts with your child.
4. Please send a filled water bottle with your child each day. You will want to make sure his/her name is on the bottle.
5. We will provide a simple morning snack each day.
6. Kids will receive a camp t-shirt on Monday morning. Please have your child wear his/her t-shirt to camp each day.
7. We'll be starting right at 9:30 every morning (except Friday, when we start at 9!) Please consider arriving a few minutes early on Monday morning to allow extra time for the first check-in!
8. Some of our activity stations are outside during the day. You may want your child to wear sunscreen and a hat.
9. Your child will be in an age appropriate group for the activities during the day and we have tried where possible to take into account your "friends" requests. However, please know that we do our very best to make everyone welcome and to help them make new friends!
10. Family Night! This year's family night is on Thursday, July 25 from 6:30 - 8:30 pm. You and your family are invited to come for dinner and a fun hour or so of checking out the cool things the kids have been doing all week. Please be sure to sign up at the check in table by Wednesday afternoon so we know how much food to prepare!
11. Our field trip this year is to Brittania Mines and is on Friday, July 26th. We are renting buses to take everyone to and from the Mines. We will leave at 9:30 am (so please drop off your kids by 9.00 on that morning). We will aim to be back at the church by 3:00 pm ready for pick up at 3.15pm (however, we are dependant on traffic so please bear with us if we are a little late!)
12. Our camp Giving Project this year will be raising money to help the work of Habitat for Humanity (https://www.habitatgv.ca/). Our hope is that our camp kids can help in a very practical way through compassion, love and generosity. So throughout the week we will be collecting loonies, toonies and paper money for this great cause.