We are showing some classic Cityview Outrageous Generosity by handing out candy on Halloween night. We do it every year. The thing is — WE NEED CANDY!! Bring in your boxes of Halloween Candy before the big day. And plan to come on the 31st to share the love with us. Non-scary costumes welcome!
It’s a thing. Every year we dress up and hand out candy and hot chocolate on the corner of 28th and Sophia. Plan to be with us!
The adorable little kids are out and collecting by 5:30, and we usually run out of candy by 8pm. Come when you can, and let’s share the Cityview Love with our neighbours.
Non-scary costumes encouraged!
The WBA Annual General Meeting is paired with a Rock Solid Youth rally this year. (and maybe a family games night?) It’s being held at Korean Baptist Church of Vancouver, 1005 Kensington Ave, Burnaby. (yes, Burnaby).
If you haven’t had a chance to connect with other member churches in the WBA, or the leadership, please consider attending this event.
Come clean up the garden beds for the winter. We will work and celebrate Oktoberfest between 10am and 2pm on Saturday, October 19.
Bring your favourite tools, gloves, shovels, and knee pads. We will have a few tools on site to use as well.
Kids Camp 2019 is July 22-26. Registration closes June 23, 2019.
How you can support Under Construction: Cityview Kids Camp 2019:
pray for the kids, the volunteers, and the families involved in the camp
volunteer to lead a group, teach, or support behind the scenes
come to the Family BBQ on Thursday, July 26
donate items for our activities: large cardboard boxes, newspaper, and containers
sponsor a family in need to attend the camp
Come this Sunday, July 14th to help setup. From 4 PM onward
This is identical to the text in the email sent to Camp Parents last week:
Summer Day Camp at Cityview Church is almost here and we're so excited that your child will be joining us for all the fun! Here are a few reminders you will want to keep in mind.
Dates: July 22 - 26, 2019
Time: 9:30 am - 3:00 pm daily (Note change of ending time)
Where: Cityview Church
1. Drop off/Pick up Procedures: You will need to sign your child in and out of camp each day. You will also receive a pick up pass that MUST BE PRESENTED at the end of the day in order to retrieve your child. Please make arrangements for this if your pass will need to be transferred from one person to another. This is for your child's safety. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
2. Children should bring a lunch to camp each day. Please be sure to clearly write your child's name on his/her lunch bag or box. If possible, please use smaller lunch boxes/bags rather than larger backpacks.
3. We are a nut free/peanut free environment. Please do not send anything containing tree nuts or peanuts with your child.
4. Please send a filled water bottle with your child each day. You will want to make sure his/her name is on the bottle.
5. We will provide a simple morning snack each day.
6. Kids will receive a camp t-shirt on Monday morning. Please have your child wear his/her t-shirt to camp each day.
7. We'll be starting right at 9:30 every morning (except Friday, when we start at 9!) Please consider arriving a few minutes early on Monday morning to allow extra time for the first check-in!
8. Some of our activity stations are outside during the day. You may want your child to wear sunscreen and a hat.
9. Your child will be in an age appropriate group for the activities during the day and we have tried where possible to take into account your "friends" requests. However, please know that we do our very best to make everyone welcome and to help them make new friends!
10. Family Night! This year's family night is on Thursday, July 25 from 6:30 - 8:30 pm. You and your family are invited to come for dinner and a fun hour or so of checking out the cool things the kids have been doing all week. Please be sure to sign up at the check in table by Wednesday afternoon so we know how much food to prepare!
11. Our field trip this year is to Brittania Mines and is on Friday, July 26th. We are renting buses to take everyone to and from the Mines. We will leave at 9:30 am (so please drop off your kids by 9.00 on that morning). We will aim to be back at the church by 3:00 pm ready for pick up at 3.15pm (however, we are dependant on traffic so please bear with us if we are a little late!)
12. Our camp Giving Project this year will be raising money to help the work of Habitat for Humanity (https://www.habitatgv.ca/). Our hope is that our camp kids can help in a very practical way through compassion, love and generosity. So throughout the week we will be collecting loonies, toonies and paper money for this great cause.
Each year, we celebrate Father’s Day with an enormous street festival. Join us at the Cityview tent this year! We will run a bouncy castle and share God’s love on Main Street.
Sunday, June 16 - all day!
To sign up for set up, tear down, or for a shift in our booth, contact Tanya Baron or email the church office.
Weather permitting, we will have our Connection Sunday meal together at Prince Edward Park. We’ll bring the BBQs and supplies; you bring some food to share and something to throw on the BBQ.
We will also welcome Urban Village Church, who are joining us in worship this week!
The Seed Sky Garden Club Annual Plant Sale is on Saturday, May 11, form 10am-1pm.
Come check out a great selection of trees, shrubs, perennials like hosts, grasses and vines, geraniums, lawn alternatives, herbs, and vegetable starts.
Master gardeners will be on site to answer your gardening questions. Please bring a bag or a flat to carry your purchases home.
Join us for our Easter gatherings this April:
Friday, April 19, 2019 at 11:00 am: Good Friday service with Urban Village Church, followed by a light lunch
Saturday, April 20, 2019 at 11:00 am: The Annual Easter EggStravaganza
Sunday, April 21, 2019 at 10:00 am: Easter Sunday Service
Every year, we bless our neighbourhood with an Easter EggStravaganza. This year, our hunt is on Saturday, April 20 at 11:00 am.
This wildly popular event is successful thanks to all of the Cityview folk who contribute. “How?” you may ask?
buy individually-wrapped easter eggs and candy and drop them off at Cityview before April 14
Come to the Egg Stuffing Fun after church on April 14
Invite your friends and neighbours to join us at the event
Dig out your old bunny suit and join in the Egg Hunt fun!
Registration for 2019 Kids Camp is now open! Put on your safety gear, this year’s camp is called ‘Under Construction” Click here to download the registration form. Please submit the form and payment to the church office on 4370 Sophia St.
Camp Dates: July 22-26, 2019 Time: 9:30 am — 3:15 pm daily
(Snacks provided. Children bring a lunch.)
Who: Kids entering Kindergarten to Gr. 6 as of Sept. 2019
Where: Cityview Church
Camp Fee: $100
Before & after camp care available
If you have any questions about registration, please send us an email.
Every year, we explore God’s love through Bible Stories, activities, games, music, and crafts all under a theme. This year, our theme is Under Construction.
Every day, camp kicks with 30 minutes of large group fun in the main hall. Campers the join their groups (sorted by age) to cycle through the stations of the day: expect field games, drama, learning about community projects, and creating with out hands.
Make sure that your child has a lunch, water bottle, a hat, and sunscreen each day.
You can drop your campers off at 9:15 am and come pick them up starting at 3:15. The sign-in and sign-out process takes a little bit of time, so be sure to give yourself about 10 minutes. If you need to extend the time, you can register for before- and after-care for a small fee.
On Thursday night, Camp families are all invited to a BBQ and celebration. Cityview will provide hot dogs and salad, and you will have a chance to see some of the great fun your kids have been having at camp all day.
Our Annual General Meeting is on Sunday January 27 immediately after the service.
Please pray in preparation for this meeting.
As part of the meeting, we will vote to select our Support Leadership Team. Please contact Ryan Godding with nominations for people to serve as our church leadership.